Infrared technology helps you see what you normally couldn't.
Why do we offer free Thermal Imaging?
Infrared cameras can see what our eyes can't. Gerard Home Inspection puts this technology to use for you, which can have a significant long-term impact on your home's comfort and safety, as well as your wallet. This technology allows us to uncover problems with the home's plumbing, roofing, HVAC system and electrical system, which are typically hidden behind by the home's walls.
While our thermal cameras don't give us X-Ray vision, they do help us detect problems that the naked eye simply can't. Some companies charge hundreds of dollars extra for thermal imaging, but Gerard Home Inspection includes this service on every inspection we perform - free of charge. Because of all the advantages that IR Thermography offers, we wouldn't inspect a home in today's market without it.
Infrared imaging allows us to "see" heat, which can be useful in identifying:
- Overheated electrical components, a potential fire hazard.
- Leaky door and window seals, the major causes of inefficiency in a home.
- Settled insulation, another detriment to a home's efficiency.
- Plumbing leaks behind walls, which can cause rot and bacterial growth.
- Slow leaks in roofing and exterior walls, causing hidden damage deep inside your walls.
- HVAC issues, which can decrease the comfort of your home, and increase your utility bill.
Contact us today to schedule your home inspection, and ask us about Thermal Imaging.